OUR MISSION To empower individuals, couples and families to maximize their life potential by accessing the knowledge and skills to make their lives and relationships better.
OUR CORE BELIEFS
- Human beings were created with the innate ability to live, work and function to their maximum in healthy relationships.
- All individuals have the God-given capacity to give and receive love and to experience fulfilling relationships.
- Social and emotional impediments are real challenges which hamper relationships but these can be overcome through counseling, coaching and effective modelling.
- Honesty, interdependence, trust, accountability, integrity and communication are the hallmarks of any successful relationship encounter.
- This institute will seek to:
- Cultivate a knowledge-based approach to building strong relationships in marriage, family and work/team environments
- Challenge mindsets by providing alternative models for dysfunctional relationships
- Create a support community for the exploration of 21st Century issues which challenge relationships
- Create a support community for the energizing of relationships
- Strategy-based classes and short-courses facilitated by the institute
- Individual, couple and group counseling
- Personal development workshops/seminars
- Focus-groups and think-thanks
- Social networking
- Organizational training
- Various Media & Publications
- The Arts
CONTACT THE INSTITUTE
Gabriel and Denise J Charles have been married for thirty years. This Institute which was founded by them in 2008, was envisioned as a knowledge-based organization which would enable individuals, couples and families to enjoy more fulfilling relationships.
They have had over fifteen years experience in working with individuals and couples on relationship and marriage issues. Having successfully navigated the challenges in their own relationship, they are imminently qualified with not only the knowledge of books, but also the knowledge of experience.
Gabriel, one of the institute's Directors, is an entrepreneur, who received initial Ministerial training at Caribbean Wesleyan College and subsequent leadership training at Haggai Leadership Institute in Hawaii. He has had several years experience in working with youth and men's groups and is a tremendous advocate of marriage and family. Gabriel continues to do community work in the area of mentorship and counselling.
Denise J Charles holds a Masters Degree in Education, with an emphasis in Applied Psychology. She is a published author, blogger, qualified counselor, relationship coach, trainer-of-trainers and educator, who also serves as Executive Director of the institute. Denise has a keen interest in personal development and is an avid arts enthusiast and award-winning poet.
Denise's articles on love, sex and relationships have been featured on such websites as Your Tango, Hitched Magazine and the website of noted Canadian sexologist and author, Dr. Trina Read at Trina Read.com.You can read more of Denise's articles and join the discussion on relationships, sex and sexuality on her popular blog Red Red Apples
Denise's first motivational book "Your Baby is Coming Now Push: The Book About Pregnancy Which is Not About Pregnancy" is a unique narrative about the challenges and triumphs we experience, as we move towards emerging our dreams. So far, it has enjoyed very successful reviews. Paperback copies are available from Daysprings Publishing and in e book format from Amazon's Kindle store.
Denise's NEW book "How To Have Mind-Blowing Sex Without Losing Your Brain" specifically targets the issues of sex, sexuality, love and relationships. On Line, it is available in digital or E Book format on Amazon.com (Kindle Store) or in paperback from Daysprings Publishing.
In Barbados it is available at PAGES Bookstores or by contacting the author. E mail [email protected] or call 1 (246) 239-7514
Gabriel and Denise are the proud parents of three sons, Nikolai, Sergio and Alexei and live on the island of Barbados